Naming convention for Ruby packages?

I have some questions on the naming convention for Ruby packages.

Ruby modules and gems are ultimately installed into a path that depends on the version of Ruby that is installed, e.g. 1.6, 1.8, 1.9, etc. Should all Ruby packages have a PKGNAME that starts with ${RUBY_PKGPREFIX} (ruby16-, ruby18-, etc.) so that dependencies are correct? The current list of Ruby packages without ${RUBY_PKGPREFIX} in the PKGNAME is:

devel/ZenTest
devel/fromcvs
devel/hoe
devel/newfile
devel/rake
graphics/rabbit
graphics/x11rec
inputmethod/prime
inputmethod/prime-dict
sysutils/pdumpfs
sysutils/puppet
textproc/migemo
textproc/migemo-elisp
textproc/xhtmldiff
www/erubis
www/mongrel
www/raggle
www/rails

Several Ruby modules and gems with PKGNAMEs that start with ${RUBY_PKGPREFIX} install scripts in ${PREFIX}/bin, which means that ruby16-* and ruby18-* versions of these packages will conflict. Should we add CONFLICTS lines to the package Makefiles, or should we rename the installed binaries by prefixing them with ${RUBY_PKGPREFIX}? The current list of Ruby packages named ruby1[68]-* that install scripts in ${PREFIX}/bin is:

databases/ruby-DBI
databases/ruby-qdbm
databases/ruby-vapor
devel/ruby-byaccr