USE_FEATURES: static library vs. "inplace" hack

Several months ago USE_FEATURES framework were introduced.
I think idea is cool. API is easy. But I still don't understand why
libnbcompat library should be built again and again
instead of building a static library once.
That is why "inplace" method was implemented instead of
linking with statically linked library built and installed once.

I don't see any benefits of it. Can anybody explain?

--
Best regards, Aleksey Cheusov.