Re: regexp for correct package version

On Tue, Feb 12, 2008 at 10:31:20PM +0100, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 12, 2008 at 11:10:04PM +0200, Aleksey Cheusov wrote:
> > I need an algorithm of comparing package's versions.
>
> It is called Dewey and badly documented. For the current implementation,
> see the source file of the same name in pkg_install.

The ordering rules for the comparisons are documented in pkg_info(8).
I'm not sure what could be done to make the documentation any better;
otherwise I'd have done it.

Perhaps you could elaborate on what's lacking, and we could improve it?

Thanks,
Alistair

PS. Glad to see the diplomacy classes are coming along well.