Subject: Re: pkgsrc and OpenBSD
To: Paulo Aukar <pauloaukar@ig.com.br>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/02/2005 10:01:27
On Wed, 2 Feb 2005, Paulo Aukar wrote:

> A few notes about pkgsrc on OpenBSD 3.6:
>
> - pkgsrc version installed was downloaded from -current at 30/01/2005;
> - bootstrap worked perfectly;

Excellent!

> - many key packages (i. e. packages supporting a lot of other dependent
> packages, such as pango, ghostscript-gnu and teTeX) didn't complete
> their compilation and installation process; of course each one with its
> particular work.log) blocking the installation of many important
> applications;
> - emacs doesn't compile completely;

Please be sure to report the build issues so we can work on improving
this.

> - perl already exists at native basic install of OpenBSD system but
> pkgsrc installs its own version;

This is the correct behaviour. Please see
 http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-pkg/2004/07/16/0008.html
 http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-pkg/2004/07/16/0011.html
(and the "pkg_install/libnbcompat on OpenBSD" thread on tech-pkg in
September 2003)

 Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links
	  	 	 http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/