Subject: Re: postgresql74 -> postgresql ?
To: grant beattie <grant@NetBSD.org>
From: Marc Recht <recht@netbsd.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/07/2004 10:58:43
> is there any objection to renaming postgresql -> postgresql73 and
> postgresql74 -> postgresql?

Yes, I object.

Please see the thread starting here:
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-pkg/2004/06/09/0000.html

Especially my answer here:
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-pkg/2004/06/09/0001.html

> it makes more sense (at least to me) that the latest stable version
> is available in dir/ and older/unstable in dir<blah>/ (that goes for
> everything in pkgsrc, not just postgresql).

I'd like to implement the mechanism discussed in the thread above. To
finally allow having more than one PostgreSQL version installed - which is
crucial for database updates. Because of that I'd like to go for:
postgresql (or postgresql-lib) and postgresql73*, postgresql74*.
I hope to finally find time this weekend to post patches for discussion.

Cheers,
Marc

!DSPAM:40ebbb4a235901406019986!