re: CVS commit: src/sys/dev/usb

> > splnet is obsolete in modern USB network drivers.
> > all the code runs at softipl.
> >
> > removing spl was done entirely on purpose.
>
> I saw the comment of ether_ioctl in sys/net/if_ethersubr.c
> > Note, we must be called at splnet().
> so I asked.

that comment is true for old style drivers, but looking at other
drivers they also only skip this for NET_MPSAFE kernel builds.

Nick, do we need to make these go back to non-mpsafe stuff for
networking if !NET_MPSAFE?

eg, look what wm(4) idoes with WM_MPSAFE usage.  are we getting
ahead of ourselves in usb? :)

.mrg.