Re: wpa_supplicant(8) control socket enabled by default

Roy Marples <roy%marples.name@localhost> writes:

> The overall feedback was generally positive, but I would like to guage
> a wider audience, hence now posting this here as the original
> conversation on source-changes-d has now stalled.
>
> Here are the options as I see them:
> 1) Keep things as they are now
> 2) Change the default group
> 3) Turn off the socket
> 4) Add config option to explicity set socket mode
> 6) Change the socket mode to revoke group access and use ttyaction

I know I spoke up before, but I wanted to point out that while I
suggested a wpa_supplicant group, a later suggestion by someone was a
"net" group, with the name not really mattering, but intending that
anyone in the net group could be allowed to change network config of
varying types.

So I am entirely ok with either:

  - keep things as you just did (wheel) (your 1)

  - add a net_control or some such group and use that (your 2)

The others seem unreasonable (3) and too complicated for inadequate gain
(4, 6).