Re: how do I disable IPv6?

On Wed, Feb 28, 2018 at 03:04:01PM +0100, Martin Husemann wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 28, 2018 at 08:50:23AM -0500, Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:
> > Unicast at the link layer, sure, but the AP should not be inserting its own
> > MAC address into the packet -- it should unicast-forward the packet but
> > leave the original sender's MAC address alone.
> >
> > Mine _appears_ to do this, if tcpdump can be trusted.  But it's a moderately
> > expensive Cisco enterprise AP.  Do others not?
>
> I don't see where on the way to nd6_dad_na_input() we check for the sender
> mac and would filter out our own.

It'd be interesting to see if that fixes the reported problems, no?

Unfortunately my laptop was recently stolen so I'm short a NetBSD wireless
client to test with.  OS X does not _appear_ to have the reported issue on
my wireless infrastructure, at least, but I am watching the traffic from
a different host on a mirror port on my switch so I can't tell whether
my APs are in fact sending the DAD packets back to the originating wireless
client by unicast or not. :-/

--
  Thor Lancelot Simon	                                     tls%panix.com@localhost
 "The two most common variations translate as follows: