Re: Link aggregation between NetBSD agr and Linux bond interfaces

Hi,

On Wed, Dec 07, 2016 at 11:27:29PM +0100, BERTRAND Joël wrote:
>      Even with interfaces up on both sides, tunnel is unusable.

What does "unusable" mean, exactly?  Is the agr interface down, are
packets not being sent to tap0/tap1, are they not passed to openvpn,
are they not being received, etc.?

You'll need to do some tcpdumping on all interfaces involved to see
how far the packets get...

What I hear from people in the Linux world, this *should* work (aka
"people have done it successfully on Linux"), though I've never done
it myself.  But it should work...

Looking at the man page, agr seems to default to use LACP, which might
or might not be the problem - so I'd start by turning it off ("link1")
to see if a static tunnel works.  If that works, check that the linux
side is also speaking LACP and whether that part comes up.

Maybe OpenVPN is getting confused by the LACP frames and not forwarding
them (it *should* be totally transparent in TAP mode, but I'm not sure
anyone has tested LACP-over-TAP yet)

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
Gert Doering - Munich, Germany                             gert%greenie.muc.de@localhost