Re: virtio net device stuck for UDP burst transmission

mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost (Michael van Elst) writes:

>But that state shouldn't last more than a few seconds after you stopped
the UDP "burst".

In my environment, it doesn't recover automatically after this issue happens.

We suspect the problem here is that a deadlock can occur in the virtio driver.

That is, if the sender is too fast, there will be a point where
packets are not sent to the host anymore, buffers are full (hence
ENOBUFS) and they stay this way because of some kind of
synchronization failure.

This behavior is only seen with the virtio driver, not with e1000 for example.

Should this be sent to the bug mailing list?

Thanks,
Kenichi