Re: ethtool/tc for NetBSD?

darrenr%netbsd.org@localhost (Darren Reed) writes:

>Is there a NetBSD equivalent to ethtool(8) on Linux?

>reference:
>https://github.com/pavel-odintsov/fastnetmon/wiki/Traffic-filtration-using-NIC-capabilities-on-wire-speed-%2810GE,-14Mpps%29
>http://linux.die.net/man/8/ethtool

That's more a feature of the particular driver. I'm not
aware of any NetBSD driver that supports such features.
There is no API or userland command to control such a
feature. A driver would probably offer some sysctl variable
instead.

>The other interesting and obscure Linux networking command is "tc".
>http://lartc.org/manpages/tc.txt

The tc command controls traffic shaping in the Linux kernel which
is somewhat an equivalent to NetBSD's altq.

                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost