Re: generating ECONNRESET with no syscall?

    Date:        Wed, 20 Apr 2016 21:20:25 +0200
    From:        Edgar =?iso-8859-1?B?RnXf?= <ef%math.uni-bonn.de@localhost>

  | Ah, thanks!

Maybe premature.

  | Any way to list that queue?

Not that I know of - I think it is one of the completely overlooked
parts of the networking stack (perhaps because those queues are usually
empty).   There's probably a way using netstat to list the PCB for the
listening server, and then crash(8) to hunt through that ... but ...

However, I am less sure that will be the cause of your problem now.
I did a (not very thorough) test (I enabled the telnet server, then
kill _STOP'd inetd.. so it couldn't accept anything).   It appears as
if when the queue is full, incoming connection packets are simply discarded.
This makes some sense, as it should cause the peer to retry in a couple of
seconds, which in normal circumstances (some idiot hasn't kill -STOP'd inetd)
would usually give a good chance of success.   But the effect is, it seems,
that connections would time out, instead of being reset, in this situation.

kre