Re: wpi0: radio is disabled by hardware switch

Manuel Bouyer <bouyer%antioche.eu.org@localhost> writes:

> No, I'm not planning to make the interface dissapear, although it could be
> a way to do it. What I had in mind is powerd(4) getting a new event
> type, RADIO_EVENT_SWITCH_STATE_CHANGE

So the interface will still be there, and presumably can be ifconfig'd
up or down, and will never actually radiate, and never show anything
other than "no carrier", but programs shouldn't try to use it?

So it seems like you are providing a hook so that people can write
scripts that start and stop things when the button is pushed.   I wonder
if there should be some larger enable/disable concept for interfaces
that essentially does the button in software for interfaces that don't
have this feature.    Sort of like turning wifi off on a mac.