Re: rtsol

Hi Robert

On 20/10/2014 22:06, Robert Swindells wrote:
> What is the recommended way to replace rtsol(8) ?
>
> I have read the man page.
>
> My /etc/rc.conf contains the following:
>
> dhcpcd=YES
> dhcpcd_flags="-B6 --nodhcp6 rtk0"
>
> At boot, dhcpcd prints that it has received the RA but then blocks,
> prints an error that it has timed out and overwrites the
> /etc/resolv.conf file with an empty one.
>
> It doesn't set the IPv6 address of the interface.

Remove the B flag, that stops it forking to the background.
You may need the ipv6ra_fork option if your RA doesn't provide the RDNSS
option and you're not doing an IPv4 setup to avoid the timeout error.

As you're setting one interface via the flags and not dhcpcd.conf I
would recommend adding the M flag as well in-case you want to use any
dhcpcd tools further down the road.

The resolv.conf part is tricky - because dhcpcd supports DNSSL and RDNSS
options that need to expire it needs to be able to manage resolv.conf
somehow. The solution is to either disable dhcpcd from writing to it at
all (--nohook resolv.conf), setup your static config using
resolvconf.conf or make the file immutable. Is this something we should
document in resolv.conf(5)?

Roy