Re: cubic patch

On Fri, Nov 15, 2013 at 07:17:19AM -0500, Greg Troxel wrote:
> > On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 05:24:16PM -0500, Greg Troxel wrote:
> >> Have you compared CUBIC and our default?
> >
> > No, only Linux's "reno" and "cubic". And "cubic" seems to be the better
> > performing of those two.
>
> So the other question is if it meets the IETF congestion-control
> standards.  Any TCP implementation can be made to perform better by not
> backing off.

Of course. But even ISPs are asking or "cubic" on Linux servers they
deploy. So they clearly not concerned what it does to their networks.

The reality is that their a lots more Linux systems than NetBSD systems.
Networks haven't broken because the Linux systems use Cubic or RFC 6926.
But end user performance has improved a lot because of these changes.
And I think NetBSD should offer those performance improvements as well.

        Kind regards