Re: cubic patch

Matthias Scheler <tron%zhadum.org.uk@localhost> writes:

> On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 05:24:16PM -0500, Greg Troxel wrote:
>> Have you compared CUBIC and our default?
>
> No, only Linux's "reno" and "cubic". And "cubic" seems to be the better
> performing of those two.

So the other question is if it meets the IETF congestion-control
standards.  Any TCP implementation can be made to perform better by not
backing off.

I'm also curious if anyone has looked at the behavior in detail with
tcpdump2xplot.  WHen I last did that on Linux in 2010 it only had BIC
(but was CentOS and therefore old already).