Re: CVS import: src/external/bsd/dhcpcd/dist

Sorry to be insistent, but after another try, my situation (still) is:

Using netbsd-current/i386 updated yesterday, I have the problem (that
I have been seen for a few days) that the network interface (pcn0)
seems to start in state 'down'.

With the following complete contents of /etc/rc.conf (except for
leading comment lines):

---------/etc/rc.conf---------
if [ -r /etc/defaults/rc.conf ]; then
        . /etc/defaults/rc.conf
fi

# If this is not set to YES, the system will drop into single-user mode.
#
rc_configured=YES

# Add local overrides below
#
hostname=x8-nb-kmod.h.recerik.dk
dhcpcd=yes
wscons=YES
postfix=yes
sshd=yes

# pkgsrc:
dbus=yes
kdm=no
--------- end of /etc/rc.conf---------

the system starts up acknowledging the hostname
x8-nb-kmod.h.recerik.dk being set, but no IP addresses are assigned.

After issuing an 'ifconfig pcn0 up' command, ifconfig in a few seconds
reports that first IPv6, then IPv4 is configured as expected. Then
issuing the hostname command, it reports x8-nb-kmod.h.recerik.dk just
as expected, but a few seconds later, it reports just 'x8-nb-kmod'.

According to your message, is this the time to send a PR ?

- Erik