Re: CVS import: src/external/bsd/dhcpcd/dist

On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 11:06:10AM +0200, Erik Bertelsen wrote:
> This update changes existing behavior, which may have unexpected
> consequences when people upgrade. I observed pkg_chk failing to read a
> pkgchk_? file because the hostname was changed after a reboot :-(

If your hostname changed, and you did set it properly in rc.conf, then
there is a bug, as Roy has pointed out already: dhcpcd will NOT set a hostname
by default, UNLESS there is no hostname set.

Now, if you do not have set it in rc.conf, /etc/rc.d/network would not have
warned you about that if you have dhpcpcd configured to run later.

In this case only the change of behaviour might hit you, and the fix is
easy (either set hostname in rc.conf, probably best solution, or ask dhcpcd
to use fqdn, as roy described).

Martin