Re: should inetd require rpcbind?

>>>>> "ef" == ef  <Edgar> writes:
    ef> When RPC-based entries are enabled, inetd must be started after
    ef> rpcbind.

okay.

    ef> Currently, this seems to happen by chance because inetd REQUIREs
    ef> DAEMON,
    ef> and nfslocking is BEFORE: DAEMON and REQUIREs nfsd, which, in
    ef> turn REQUIREs
    ef> rpcbind.

but, if I want to run inetd without RPC entries, I'd rather that rpcbind
didn't start, and that it wasn't required to be installed.

    ef> So, should inetd directly REQUIRE rpcbind?

If rpcbind isn't installed, or isn't started, will this cause it to fail?

    ef> Should nfslocking also explicitly REQUIRE rpcbind?

Yes.

] mcr%sandelman.ottawa.on.ca@localhost http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/
|device driver[
                       then sign the petition.