Re: rshd...

On 15/07/2012, at 9:33 AM, David Laight wrote:

> On Sun, Jul 15, 2012 at 08:45:44AM +1200, Lloyd Parkes wrote:
>>
>> Is there any way at all that anyone can justify shipping rshd and
>> friends as part of NetBSD?
>
> Connections to local systems where the target system is slow (or very
> busy) and the ssh key generation (etc) takes too long.

I work on the assumption that having to get out of my chair and descend the
Stairwell of Death[1] to the serial console is my penance for having lost
control of the machine ;-) The really hard key generation is only done once. I
have to confess that it has been a while since I have used public key
encryption with ssh on a slow system because I always use Kerberos at home.

Cheers,
Lloyd

[1]The building code in New Zealand used to permit really quite steep spiral
staircases. I don't know why anyone with children would put something like that
in their house.