rshd...

On 15/07/2012, at 1:59 AM, Darren Reed wrote:

> In doing test development for ipfilter, I've become aware of what I'd
> consider to be a bug in rshd

Is there any way at all that anyone can justify shipping rshd and friends as
part of NetBSD? The only justification I can think of would be if rsh can do
host verification via Kerberos, but ssh could do that too with the appropriate
patches. At least telnet is a useful network diagnostic tool. Hmm, if we
stopped shipping telnetd, would anyone notice?

Cheers,
Lloyd