Re: ftp diags with multiple peer addresses, some unreachable

Hi,

On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 11:31:40PM -0400, Matthew Mondor wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Jun 2012 18:51:21 +0200
> Ignatios Souvatzis <is%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:
>
> > Connected to ftp.netbsd.org.
>
> I agree about supressing unnecessary error messages in terse mode.
>
> Would it be acceptable to still show this line in non-verbose, mode, but
> also including the address, i.e.:
>
> Connected to ftp.netbsd.org (199.233.217.249:21)
>
> Then it doesn't matter which addresses it tried, or how many, but on
> successful connection we know where we managed to finally connect,
> before the authentication prompt...

Hm, this would be a seperate change - pretty easy and self-contained, btw.

However, this should only happen for interactive mode, not for
fetch-URL mode, else it looks like this:

# ftp -V ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/robots.txt
Connected to ftp.netbsd.org (2001:470:1f05:3d::21:21).
#

> To me this is not verbose information but informational.

Agreed.

        -is