Re: ftp diags with multiple peer addresses, some unreachable

On Thu, 28 Jun 2012 18:51:21 +0200
Ignatios Souvatzis <is%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:

> Connected to ftp.netbsd.org.

I agree about supressing unnecessary error messages in terse mode.

Would it be acceptable to still show this line in non-verbose, mode, but
also including the address, i.e.:

Connected to ftp.netbsd.org (199.233.217.249:21)

Then it doesn't matter which addresses it tried, or how many, but on
successful connection we know where we managed to finally connect,
before the authentication prompt...  To me this is not verbose
information but informational.

Thanks,
--
Matt