Re: apparently missing locking in if_bnx.c

On Tue, Mar 06, 2012 at 12:51:29PM +0100, Manuel Bouyer wrote:

> No network driver is SMP-safe at this time, so they're all running
> under KERNEL_LOCK. splnet() is enough to protect the queues.

I think there are a few that are SMP-safe.  One of Matt's for a powerpc board,
and probably ixgbe.

I know there are extensive patches floating around out there to make wm and
some of the software "interfaces" SMP-safe.  I'll let their authors speak up
for themselves if they think it's appropriate...

Thor