Re: [patch] bug fix & TCP networking performance improvements

dyoung%pobox.com@localhost said:
> The test that's in there is for "reclaimed" not for "expired", and
> reclamation can lag expiration if there is not pressure on the VTW
> table

Perhaps I'm not understanding it correctly, but as I see the
entries are marked as expired/reclaimed by special values (0/-1)
in tv_sec/tv_usec. Then, the netstat display should show either
the same integral or the same fractional part for all affected
time differences since the base time is the same for all.
It doesn't...

Btw, I think that it would be better to use microuptime(9)
rather than microtime(9) for these interval things, to make
it robust against time changes. Or getmicrouptime(9) to save
some cycles - accuracy shouldn't be an issue.

best regards
Matthias

Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH
52425 Juelich
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Juelich
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: MinDirig Dr. Karl Eugen Huthmacher
Dr. Ulrich Krafft (stellv. Vorsitzender), Prof. Dr.-Ing. Harald Bolt,
Prof. Dr. Sebastian M. Schmidt

Besuchen Sie uns auf unserem neuen Webauftritt unter www.fz-juelich.de