Re: [patch] bug fix & TCP networking performance improvements

On Thu, Apr 21, 2011 at 08:58:45PM +0200, Matthias Drochner wrote:

> dyoung%pobox.com@localhost said:
> > I fixed the obvious netstat bug
>
> Thanks -- netstat works now, but this reveals another bug:
> The expiration check seems to be somewhat fragile. I ended up with:
>
> $ netstat -finet -V
> Active Internet connections
> Proto Recv-Q Send-Q  Local Address      Foreign Address    State
> Expires
> tcp        0     48  zelz27.ssh         zel459.epmd        ESTABLISHED
> tcp        0      0  zelz27.ssh         zel459.wxbrief     ESTABLISHED
> tcp        0      0  zelz27.65534       zel459.ssh         TIME_WAIT
> -122504.647ms

Doh.  The test that's in there is for "reclaimed" not for "expired",
and reclamation can lag expiration if there is not pressure on the
VTW table.  I will fix that so that it filters out both reclaimed and
expired entries.

Dave

dyoung%ojctech.com@localhost      Urbana, IL * (217) 344-0444 x24