Re: [patch] bug fix & TCP networking performance improvements

tls%panix.com@localhost said:
> I believe this does in fact fix the bug we brought up in our original
> discussion -- that shifting srtt left by 2 as the first step of the
> computation means it is adjusted by 1/2 RTT rather than 1/8.

Looking at the patch and the CVS history I'm getting the impression
the the change which introduced it (tcp_input.crev.1.16) was an attempt
to change the representation of srtt so that it keeps 5 bits after
the point, thus increasing precision. It was just not communicated
correctly, and likely incomplete.
But if done correctly, it shouldn't have bad effects.

best regards
Matthias

Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH
52425 Juelich
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Juelich
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: MinDirig Dr. Karl Eugen Huthmacher
Dr. Ulrich Krafft (stellv. Vorsitzender), Prof. Dr.-Ing. Harald Bolt,
Prof. Dr. Sebastian M. Schmidt

Besuchen Sie uns auf unserem neuen Webauftritt unter www.fz-juelich.de