Re: [GSoC] : Interest in project

Christos Zoulas wrote:
> I have updated the project with the current status and more information.
>
> http://wiki.netbsd.org/projects/gsoc_2011/kernel_udp_timestamping/

It's worth mentioning there that Linux stuff shouldn't be blindly
copied. In my opition, it gives too many options to a user (e.g.
TX_SOFTWARE, TX_HARWARE, RAW_HARDWARE and SYS_HARDWARE) and returning
each full packet in ERRQUEUE or over IP_MULTICAST_LOOP is a bit too
expensive. Something that can truncate packets and aggregate them
would be a better fit. This sounds like bpf but not quite.

Alex