[GSoC] : Interest in project

I am final year Computer Science graduate student. I went through the
list of projects that NetBSD is offering through GSoC.
I found a few of them interesting to work on

1) Implement RFC 6056: "Recommendations for Transport-Protocol Port
Randomization"
2) Socket option to timestamp UDP packets in the kernel

Could someone throw light into the subject on what all files on the
source tree should I learn to work with?

``
Arjun S R