Re: DHCPv6 support in dhcpcd?

On Fri, 2011-02-18 at 12:37 -0600, Eric Schnoebelen wrote:
> Is there any ongoing work on adding DHCPv6 support to dhcpcd in
> NetBSD?

Presently no.
I do have plans, and even some code so that dhcpcd can handle IPv6 RA
with DNS information embedded as per the draft RFC. This is so that
dhcpcd can handle IPv6 RA on multiple interfaces correctly (which afaik
the kernel cannot do, ie choose a "correct" default route) but I
currently lack the time to devote to it.

A lot of it also boils down to trying to find out some IPv6 stuff - I'm
no expert and rely on code/docs which I find on the net. The immediate
problems I have are
a) given a prefix generate an IPv6 address
b) adapt the address/route code to be both IPv4/IPv6

As for full DHCPv6 support there is currently no immediate plan due to
my current time constraints.

Patches are of course welcome.

Thanks

Roy