Re: bsd licensed mdnsd project

On 1 April 2010 10:41, Matthias Scheler <tron%zhadum.org.uk@localhost> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 01, 2010 at 10:07:11AM -0300, Christiano F. Haesbaert wrote:
>> Summing up, I'll design a whole new API.
>
> Why I can appreciate your reason for doing so I personally don't
> think this is will be sufficient.

Thanks :P.

> There is just too much software out there (e.g. bits of GNOME) which
> were written to the Avahi or Bonjour API. And fortunately neither
> of those libraries talk to the other daemon.

True, I wanted to have OpenBSD daemons registering their services,
like ntpd, ripd, httpd, sshd and so on, my first idea was not much on
the desktop side.

> So it would be really nice to have wrappers for at least one or
> better both of those APIs.

I agree, if we want it to work with existing apps, that is a must.
I'll probably end up doing it, but that will take some time.

I need to study avahi/bonjour further when I get to dns-sd.