Re: SIOCSIFADDR for AF_INET

On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 07:19:22PM -0400, Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 05:55:27PM +0100, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> > Hi,
> > while testing agr(4) with a cisco switch, I discovered that agr
> > relies on SIOCSIFADDR for AF_INET doing something usefull:
>
> I don't think you're going to see agr(4) work with a Cisco, at least
> not if you want to do LACP.  I've never seen the LACP code work with
> any non-netbsd peer. :-/

It did work with mine (a WS2950), confirmed by counters on the
cisco side, and concurent ttcp tests.
But I had to specify the wm interface last, so that
the SIOCSIFADDR is done on an interface that can handle it.

> Darran implemented SIOCSIFADDR in wm specifically to get agr working.

So maybe SIOCSIFADDR should be pushed back to if_ethersubr.c ?
But I wonder if this could be done with the same ioctls as the
ones used by ifconfig. This way code change would be limited to
agr.