Re: kernel level multilink PPP and maybe (re)porting FreeBSD netgraph

On Sat, 30 Jan 2010 15:59:29 -0500
"Greg A. Woods" <woods%planix.ca@localhost> wrote:
> Does it actually do MLPPP?  I only find mention of Multilink PPP (which
> they abbreviate "MP" for some silly reason) in usr.sbin/npppd/npppd/ppp.h.

npppd and pipex don't support multilink PPP.   "MP" in ppp.h have been
drived from RFC 3145.

> usr.sbin/npppd seems to be server-only.  I need client code first, then
> eventually server support.

Yes, npppd supports server-side only.  For client-side ppp, we already
have pppd(8).  Pppd need a process by a ppp connection, but I think it
is not a problem for client-side for most cases.  Pppd itself doesn't
have in-kernel framing for PPTP, PPPoE or L2TP.  But we can add it by
adding pipex ioctl hooks to pppd(8) and pipex hooks to ppp(4).

--yasuoka