Re: Plans for an online meeting regarding Radiotap

2009/8/21 Johannes Berg <johannes%sipsolutions.net@localhost>:
> On Fri, 2009-08-21 at 16:31 +0200, Gábor Stefanik wrote:
>
>> Hope to see you on Freenode at the set date. Again, if the time is a
>> problem, respond, and I will try to find a better time.
>
> I don't think there's any need to have an IRC meeting. We've hashed out
> the way forward multiple times on the radiotap list. What is missing now
> isn't a consensus of how do things, but proposals and implementations.

My intention with the meeting is to form an actual proposal that all
implementors can agree on. We can produce proposals, and even new
standardized fields to no avail, as some implementors (especially
OpenBSD) appear to be stuck with implementations that collide with the
standard. These implementors need to be "awakened" and entered into
the discussions before anything can be done.

> Your own proposal had technical flaws (and in my opinion tried to do too
> much at a time) that you haven't addressed -- doing that would be much
> more productive than any such meeting.

What technical flaws are you trying to point out exactly? (The TX
flags field? My point is that it's worthless to "standardize" TX flags
by extending it and moving to "Defined fields" if noone is willing to
implement it.)

--
Vista: [V]iruses, [I]ntruders, [S]pyware, [T]rojans and [A]dware. :-)