Re: PR/39203 CVS commit: src/sys/net

On Fri, Jul 25, 2008 at 09:11:31PM +0200, Quentin Garnier wrote:
> How can the driver tell if a frame was truncated or not, if the hardware
> doesn't indicate it?  I'm pretty sure I saw it with sip(4), but it might
> have been another.

By checking the size, unless it knows the hardare can reliably receive
larger frames (or will tell it about truncation). This is just moving
the check.

> It relates because the check is about whether or not the system *should*
> have received such a packet, not whether or not it was able to (rather
> obviously it was able to receive it).

I'm not sure I follow how a (broken) pppoe peer means the system should
have been able to receive the packet. How do we know the frame is not
truncated?

Martin