Re: PR/39203 CVS commit: src/sys/net

On Fri, Jul 25, 2008 at 07:23:23PM +0200, Quentin Garnier wrote:
> The NIC might have simply truncated it.  I'm pretty sure I've seen it
> happen in that context, without specific notification to the driver.
[..]
> My initial implementation was smarter because it let the NIC driver
> confirm it is able and willing to receive such frames.

Wouldn't it bet better to have the driver detect this (if possible) and
not pass the frame to ether_input at all? If the hardware does not tell
the driver, it should still know the maximum size and do this check
better.

I don't see how the ethertype relates to this check - if at all the vlan
or jumbo frame capabilities of the NIC should count.

Martin