Re: DHCP client with minimal functionality and size

On Wed, 16 Jan 2008, Roy Marples wrote:

2) It does not interact with WLAN keys in any way or form (and shouldn't
either imo)

It should only be able to deal with link changes.

Hmmmm. I disagree here. Link managers, such as wpa_supplicant, should
call a generic network script to say "link up/down" and then either
configure static ip or do dhcp.

Gentoo uses this approach very well. Although I am slightly biased as I
wrote that part of Gentoo ;) This is going outside the scope of this
discussion though.

        Just to clarify - so in this model unplugging and replugging in an
        ethernet cable would be expected to run a script which would kill
        and potentially restart dhcpdc?