tech-misc archive

Re: NXR search for literal string "sizeof(*"

On Mon, Nov 10, 2014 at 11:53:04AM -0600, J. Lewis Muir wrote:
 > How do I search for the string literal "sizeof(*" (without the
 > double-quotes) on the NXR cross-reference <http://nxr.netbsd.org/>?

I have no idea, but I feel inclined to kibitz slightly:

 > The equivalent command using grep would be:
 >
 >   $ grep -FR 'sizeof(*' /usr/src

% echo 'sizeofboo' | grep 'sizeof(*'
sizeofboo

I think you mean 'sizeof(\*'.

(I would just use grep for this anyway; you can't expect web tools to
provide an equivalent level of functionality to shell tools.)

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost