tech-misc archive

calendar not matching days of week

Man page says "Lines should begin with a month and day." Then "A day
without a month matches that day of every week." And then it has this
example:

           Thursday        ... Every Thursday.

$ uname -r
4.0_RC4
$ date +%A
Tuesday
$ cat ~/calendar
Tuesday         Today is Tuesday
$ calendar

It does work if I put an asterisk before the day:

*Tuesday

I have used calendar for several years. I don't remember when the day of
the week stopped working (even though my calendar has many).

Can someone please improve the documentation or fix this?

Also is calendar(1) something that should have same configuration
format on all Unix systems?

  Jeremy C. Reed