tech-kern archive

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]

Re: Peculiar audio behaviour (9.1)



> try inspecting hw.audio0.blk_ms and hw.audio1.blk_ms and setting them
> to some very small values?

Turns out blk_ms is 10 for every hw.audio* that exists, on 9.1 on the
working hardware and 10.1 on the problematic hardware.  There's only
the one problematic machine; until we get more (which I'm told should
happen soon) it won't be convenient to reboot into 9.1 to test that.

Setting blk_ms to 0 doesn't seem to break the working 9.1 machine, at
least not in this respect.

> i do not know if '0' is a valid setting..

It's accepted by sysctl and, as I remarked above, doesn't seem to break
the otherwise working 9.1 machine.  (Otherwise working as in the writes
to the audio device don't block; I don't know whether it's driving
anything out its audio jack - I should probablyu check that.)

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML		mouse%rodents-montreal.org@localhost
/ \ Email!	     7D C8 61 52 5D E7 2D 39  4E F1 31 3E E8 B3 27 4B


Home | Main Index | Thread Index | Old Index