Re: How does PCIe appear to the host?

>> Here's what ACPI has to say.  As I mentioned, dmesg is identical
>> with or without the card.
> There are devices out there that require a relatively recent host (
> '3rd generation PCIE' or somesuch ).

I am inclined to doubt that's what's up here.  The Q1900M fails; the
one that works is an Asus M3A78-CM, which still has PCI slots.
Certainly I've owned the Asus for years, whereas the Q1900N was bought
this summer, not that time I've possessed it necessarily goes with time
it's existed (or been designed).  Certainly the Q1900M *looks* like a
newer design.

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign