[GSOC][NEWBIE]

Hello, I am Shivraj. I found the project about "adding support for emulation of missing linux syscalls" to NetBSD kernel intriguing.
I have previously worked on projects involving the Linux kernel. I have worked on adding system calls to Linux kernel for isolating cores, implementing a different scheduler in the kernel for normal processes and to provide support for anonymous memory checkpointing for a user process by writing a custom page fault handler.
I have been exploring NetBSD source tree for a few days. I am trying to set up my development environment with qemu to check out some ideas and understand things more clearly. I tried to boot from the kernel compiled from sources, but I am still unable to do so. I would appreciate all the help people here can provide to guide me to set up the development environment.
I am using Linux as my host OS and have cross-compiled the NetBSD kernel but loading the custom kernel results in a KVM emulation error. I am unable to find the path where compressed kernel image is generated. Images generated in releasedir results in errors or a frozen qemu screen.

Thanking you,
Shivraj Jamgade
MTech CSA
Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore