Re: GPT attributes in dkwedgeq

On Tue, Sep 12, 2023 at 04:22:04PM +0000, Emmanuel Dreyfus wrote:
> Right, it is bad design. Re-parsing the GPT in raidframe code seems wrong
> too. Shall I modify struct dkwedge_info to add an union for the underlying
> partition entry? That way, we can look for specific detail such as a
> bootme flag.

You mean the struct gpt_ent?

That would be a serious abstraction violation, the wedge itself is supposed
to abstract away all persistent storage schemes that could have led to
its creation (and GPT is just one way to get there).

But Michaels question is a good one - why can't the bootloader deal
with all this and pass e.g. the start offset of the root partition
via (optional) boot params?

Martin