Re: GPT attributes in dkwedgeq

On Tue, Sep 12, 2023 at 09:33:23AM +0200, Martin Husemann wrote:
> You could use the block number where the wedge starts instead, but it probably
> does not matter a lot and we won't see concurrent changes to the gpt for
> this use case :-)

How are we supposed to discover the start block number? All rf_buildroothack()
knows is dk_nwedges from struct disk. It gets struct dkwedge_info using
dkwedge_find_by_parent(), which second argument seems to be the first dk
device number to inspect. Why can't a dkwedge_get_flags() use wedge nummber
as well?

The protoypes could closely match dkwedge_find_by_parent()
int dkwedge_get_flags((const char *parent_name, size_t *dknum, int *flags)
int dkwedge_set_flags((const char *parent_name, size_t *dknum, int flags)

This size_t * type seems oddd, but it is what dkwedge_find_by_parent() uses.

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
manu%netbsd.org@localhost