Re: veriexec(4) maintenance

> On 30. Aug 2023, at 00:16, Brett Lymn <blymn%internode.on.net@localhost> wrote:
>
> On Tue, Aug 15, 2023 at 07:52:46AM +0930, Brett Lymn wrote:
>>
>> I tried sending this with the diff but I think it was a bit big,
>> here is the text, the diff is at ftp.netbsd.org under
>> /pub/NetBSD/misc/blymn/veriexec_update
>>

> OK, it has been a couple of weeks since I posted this and I have
> had zero responses.  I have tested the changes and they seem ok
> on my daily usage pattern.
>
> Does anyone have _any_ comments or should I just commit the
> changes?

I'm short on time, some remarks:

- lockstate as an ioflag to vn_rdwr() cant be right.

- waiting for condition is usually

	mutex_enter()
	while (!cond)
		cv_wait()
	mutex_exit()

  doing it as

	if (!cond)
		cv_wait()

  looks wrong.

- if the reference counting is used to free an unreferenced
  object ist is obviously racy

--
J. Hannken-Illjes - hannken%mailbox.org@localhost