Re: veriexec(4) maintenance

On Thu, Aug 03, 2023 at 03:03:06PM +0930, Brett Lymn wrote:
 > > If anyone cares about veriexec(4) and would like to volunteer to take
 > > this on, we can discuss what needs to be done and how to proceed.
 >
 > I will take this on since I was originally responsible for the mess.  It
 > does play fast and loose with synchronisation and should be fixed.
 >
 > I have some fixes in my private tree that went some way to addressing
 > the issues but they have been languishing for many many years because I
 > had an issue of a deadlock that would occaisionally occur.  At the time
 > I couldn't work out where the deadlock was coming from but maybe with
 > some expert help and the improved tools I can nut it out.

I was looking at this last weekend and for veriexec I have one fix and
some comments/notes, which I should probably commit.

fileassoc I would recommend flushing and replacing with a proper
specificdata implementation for vnodes, which there should be no
particular barrier to. fileassoc is trying to be that but it's both
bust and doing it wrong. :-|

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost