Re: RFC: Native epoll syscalls

> It is definitely a real problem that people write linuxy code that
> seems unaware of POSIX and portability.

While I feel a bit uncomfortable appearing to defend the practice (and,
to be sure, it definitely can be a problem) - but, it's also one of the
ways advancements happen: add an extension, use it, it turns out to be
useful, it gets popular....

I've done it myself (well, except for the "gets popular" part, which no
one person can do alone): labeled control structure, AF_TIMER sockets,
pidconn, validusershell, the list goes on.

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign