Re: PROPOSAL: Split uiomove into uiopeek, uioskip

>> I'm not a fan of uioskip() as a name - [...]
> I agree.  "skip" seem to have wrong connotations (cf. dd(1)).

I'm not sure I agree.  (The dd analogy is weak; dd has no peek
operation, and uioskip - under whatever name - would border on useless
without uiopeek.)

For uioskip, it _is_ skip semantics.  The bytes skipped are not copied
anywhere, not by uioskip.  (They may have been copied earlier with
uiopeek, but that doesn't affect what uioskip does.)  If you want
skip-*with*-copy, well, uiomove is still there.

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign