Re: kernel goes dark on boot

On Mon, Feb 20, 2023 at 09:52:53AM +0000, Emmanuel Dreyfus wrote:
> I patched bootx64.efi to comment out the vbe_commit() call,
> the screen does not go dark, but system still crashes.

And if I let vbe_commit() proceed and printf() just after that,
I get the output (with topleft in the middle of the screen, but
that is better than nothing). Hence vidéo mode is probably not
the culprit, this is just the kernel bootstrap that crashes
before it can output to the console.

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
manu%netbsd.org@localhost