Re: NetBSD 10.0 BETA kernel testing: framebuffer

Le Sun, Jan 29, 2023 at 05:23:00PM +0000, Taylor R Campbell a écrit :
> > Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2023 16:44:08 +0100
> > From: tlaronde%polynum.com@localhost
> >
> > I will look (silently) to dev/pci/radeonfb.c to understand better the
> > logics and try to find if there is a way to obtain a better console
> > display.
>
> FYI, dev/pci/radeonfb.c is the legacy radeon framebuffer driver only
> for very old (~20-year-old) devices, not the modern drm driver.

Yep. Realized that when adding debugging information in this file that
did not show up...

> > BTW, the problem is with VGA and DVI(-D) connections. With another monitor
> > connected with HDMI (so more recent than this present 16:9 monitor, that
> > have only VGA and DVI-D connectors and was manufactured in
> > 2012 according to the EDID), the framebuffer has a better resolution.
>
> Comparing dmesg output from `boot -vx' with the two connectors may
> help to diagnose what's happening.
>
> (If you already sent it, sorry -- haven't had time to look closely
> yet.)

Yes: I have already sent the various dmesg'es to you :-)

In the mean time, I will try to worm my way in the sources. Even if I
don't succeed in finding a cure, I will undoubtely learn things along
the way...
                     http://www.kergis.com/
                    http://kertex.kergis.com/